Xiaomi is one of the top Android phone manufacturers who specialize in designing a customized User interface over the Android OS in their smartphones. Their notable work is MIUI, the design of which differs a lot from the official Android UI of Google. Moreover, it gives you a lot of option to customize the UI.
They changed their strategy when they launched Poco F1. It came with a tweaked UI intended to impress people who use the stock version of Android.
Xiaomi recently released Mint Launcher at Play Store. The app was intended to completely replace the home screen of your Android phone. However, it has compatibility issues with almost all Android devices. This means you cannot download it, not even find it on the Google Play Store.
Purpose and Specs of Mint Launcher
By default, Mint launcher comes installed in Redmi Go smartphones. The app is meant for Android devices which have limited storage space and RAM. Let’s take a look at the specs.
- The app is about 9.7 MB in size.
- It comes with a lot of useful features like app drawer which is not present in any other
Xiaomi phone. The app drawer lets you search for applications from the home screen and is very useful if you have a long list of apps installed on your phone.
- Other features include resizable application icons, screen layouts which you can customize.
- It even has customizable third-party icons.
- The icing on the cake is multiple transition effects.
- The launcher allows you to move or uninstall multiple apps as well as group apps into new categories.
- If you are concerned about your privacy and want to hide certain apps, the launcher
provides you the liberty to do so whenever you want.
The user interface design of Mint Launcher is a little bit inspired by Poco launcher, which was initially developed for Poco F1 smartphone. Later, it was made available for all devices and can be downloaded free from the Google Play Store.
How to Install Mint Launcher via Third Party App Store
Enterprise users, however, have done a great job. They uploaded the APK on third-party sites like APKMirror, APKPure, AndroidCrew from where you can download the APK for free and install it. If you want to install it,
- Visit a trusted third party site that has only verified APKs.
- After checking the user reviews download the Mint Launcher app.
- Make sure installing third party apps are allowed on your device.
- You can do it by navigating to security and mark unknown sources checked.
- Go to the downloads folder or wherever you stored it and tap on the APK.
- The app will be installed on your device.
However, this may cause some problems since as we mentioned above, the app is not officially compatible with other Android devices. However, if you still want to see how it looks and feels, you can go give it a try. It may result in some odd bugs but there is no need to fear. Uninstalling the app will make your device the way it was before.