If you’ve recently updated to Windows 11 and are worried about Toolbars missing from Taskbar. Then, this article will help you to enable and add Toolbars on the Windows 11 Taskbar.
Undoubtedly, Microsoft has completly redesigned Windows 11 and introduced some new features. But, Microsoft also removed some useful features, which was earlier available on Windows 10. Like, now in Windows 11, you cannot add Toolbars on the Taskbar. You now only get TaskBar settings and Task Manager options when you right-click on the Taskbar.
Earlier, there was an option to add new Toolbars. With Toolbars, you can add frequently used Programs, Files, Folders, Desktop, links, etc. Yes, in Windows 11, you can manage Taskbar and system tray icons. However, some Internet Speed Meter programs still require a Toolbars option. So, here’s how to quickly enable Toolbars on Windows 11.
Enable Toolbars on Windows 11 Taskbar
ExplorerPatcher is a free and open-source program designed to enhance the working environment on Windows 11. It allows you to enable/disable File Explorer features. It adds all features to the Explorer, which is removed on the latest Windows. Yes, it also does add a Toolbars option. You can access it by right-clicking on the Windows Taskbar. So that, you can easily add Toolbars on the Windows 11 Taskbar. However, it moves taskbar items to the left, just like Windows 10 Taskbar. With Explorer Patcher, you can also Change the Weather Widget Position on Windows 11 Taskbar.
2. Once the Explorer Patcher gets set up gets downloaded. Do right-click on the “ep_setup” and after that click on Open.
3. Windows Protected your PC window might appear, click on More info > Run anyway.
4. UAC window might appear, click on Yes.
5. Gray/Black screen might appear for a few seconds or a minute.
6. After that, the Desktop will appear. Now, right-click on the Taskbar anywhere, and you will find the Toolbars option.
7. Go to Toolbars > New Toolbar.
8. New Toolbar – Choose a folder screen will appear. Do select any folder that you want to add to Taskbar. Click on Select Folder.
9. That’s it, a new toolbar will get added to the selected folder.
10. You will see a >> icon next to the folder name. Click on it and you will find all folder items. From it, you can quickly open any file.
11. Yes, you can also add custom programs to Windows 11 Taskbar using Toolbars Feature.
12. And, if you want to get back your old Windows 11 Taskbar. Then from Control Panel, you can uninstall Explorer Patcher. Yes, your screen will go black again for a few seconds. And, you will get uninstall complete message.
13. Do right-click on the Windows 11 Taskbar and then Click on Properties, to open Explorer Patcher Settings.
14. Since Explorer Patcher is an advanced version of File Explorer. And, it adds more features. So, you can enable/disable explorer features using App Properties.
2. Tray Toolbar
The TrayToolbar app allows adding any folder to the custom menu. However, it doesn’t add options to Right-Click Taskbar menu. The app adds a folder icon to Windows 11 system tray. You can add a path to the Tray Toolbar App icon. And, the app icon will show you all items in that folder. So that, you can quickly access all items.