Sony is all set to launch PS5 gaming console, and first game information also revealed. But, currently, the best Gaming Console available in the market, is PS4. Recently, I have seen on some forums, many users are facing some issues with their controller. And, One of my friends was asking me “my ps4 controller not charging, what I can do to fix it?”. I was able to fix that charging problem, So I have decided to write this article. So, If you’re also facing some charging issue, with the PS4 controller. Then, you can follow this article to get the solution.
Why is my ps4 controller not charging?.
There could be numerous reason behind, “why your PS4 controller isn’t charging”.
- PS4 Controller battery is damaged.
- Damaged charging port or charging cable.
- Some unknown software issues, which prevent charging. (Yes, In electronics devices, software or drivers helps to flow the electric current in the right direction.)
- Or, maybe you have dropped the controller from the height, and some internal parts are Damaged.
Note: If you have purchased PS4 Controller recently, then I suggest you, go to that store, from where you purchased. Because your device is under warranty period. And, you can get a replacement for your faulty PS4 controller. But, If you’re using PS4 console from many months, then try these Solutions.
- 1 Fix – PS4 Controller not Charging.
Fix – PS4 Controller not Charging.
Solution: 1 Reset PS4 Controller.
Resetting a controller can fix issues, such as a flashing light bar, input lag, pairing issues and charging problems. So, before trying out any complicated solution, I suggest you to factory reset PS4 Controller.
Step: 1 First completely turn off your PlayStation 4.
- PS4 Controller uses Bluetooth and USB Cable to Connect. So, I suggest you turn off your wireless router also. Otherwise, 2.4 GHz signal of PS4 Console can interfere with Bluetooth.
Step: 2 On the backside or underside of PS4 Controller, you”ll able to locate reset switch. (You can see reset switch, near upper right side of the screw.)
- Now, use a pin or toothpick to press RESET switch for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, you can release pin or toothpick. And, Controller will reset back to factory reset settings.
Done, now you can connect the charging cable. And hopefully, “PS4 controller not charging” problem got Solved.
Solution: 2 Select USB as the communication method.
If your PS4 controller battery is low and connected to the PS4, then you can try this solution. Although, I don’t know this might work or not. But, I have found this solution on the tech forum. So, there isn’t anything wrong to try out this solution.
In this solution, we are changing the communication method from Bluetooth to USB. As I mentioned above, the software helps to flow electric Current. So, if your console settings are Bluetooth for the controller. Then, by changing it to USB, you can solve “PS4 controller not charging” problem.
Go to PS4 settings > Devices > Controllers > communication method > select “use USB method” option.
Solution: 3 Change Charging Cable.
This is the simplest solution, that you can try, or maybe you have already tried. But, if you haven’t tried, then you should change the charging cable. Or if you haven’t another charging cable.
Then, you need to connect the different device to that charging cable. To find out, cable is working correctly or not. Because if you roughly or badly use cable, then chances are high, it might get damaged. And, if other devices are getting charged with that cable. Then maybe your charging port is damaged.
Solution: 4 Charge Controller battery directly. (jump-start battery)
If you are unable to try any of the mentioned solutions. Because your PS4 controller battery has no power to turn the controller on. Then, this could be the best solution, which you can try to fix “ps4 controllers not charging” problem.
Warning – If you have not done anything like this before, then do not try. Because this solution can damage controller Battery. Or, if anything goes wrong, it can harm you Also. So, If you’re under 18, and reading this article then skip this solution.
- To charge controller battery directly, you need to open PS4 controller by using the screwdriver.
- Then, take out the battery, unplug it slowly. (Don’t open controller widely, else wires can damage.)
- Now, cut the USB cable wire from charging side. You will able to see the red and black wire. The red wire is for positive electric current and black for the negative electric current.
- Connect wires directly to battery, negative and positive Point. Do it only for about 30 minutes, else battery will start heating.
- After charging the battery, connect it back to the controller. And, you can try above solution to fix charging issue.
- If controller started working, but not able to Charge it with the USB port. Then, it could be possible that your charging port is damaged.
(If you’re unable to understand this solution by reading, then you can watch YouTube video.)
Solution: 5 Change the Battery.
Ok, so after charging the battery directly, if still controller doesn’t work. Means, your controller battery is damaged. You can buy a new battery or can give the PS4 controller to repairing shop. And, this is the last solution which you can try to fix “PS4 controller not charging” Problem.
Summing – up. (PS4 Controller not Charging)
According to some of our readers, their charging issue got resolved. By, putting the controller in the freeze for few minutes. I know it sounds crazy, but you can try this solution if nothing works. Also, don’t put the controller on the hot surface while charging it. So, these are the solutions that you can try. Some solution works only when your controller has the few percentages of the battery. And, if battery completely drained, then the only thing you can do is charge battery Directly. But, if you don’t know how to do it, and don’t want to do It. Then, simply take your controller to the repair shop. Or, you can buy the new controller, if it’s not in the warranty period.