After Messenger, WhatsApp Messenger will be the next App to get Dark Mode or Night Mode. Recently, the dark mode feature was seen in the beta version of WhatsApp 2.20.13. Though it’s not completely dark mode, it’s kinda grey mode. WhatsApp is currently working on this feature, so that, to ensure the best bug-free experience for its users. So, if you’re using a stable version, then you have to wait for at least a month. But, if you can’t wait, then this article will help you to enable it now. You can find four methods in this article, but installing the beta version is the best one.
Finally, WhatsApp Dark mode is officially released in the beta version of it. Though, It will take a month to dark mode get available for the stable version. But, If you don’t want to wait for a stable release. You can join the WhatsApp Beta program and can enable a dark theme in WhatsApp.
Though, If you try to join the WhatsApp beta program from Play Store. Then, it will show you already full. But still, you can download WhatsApp APK from ApkMirror.
1. Search Google for “WhstApp Beta ApkMirror” and do open first site.
2. Select the latest version of the WhatsApp Beta App. (As of now, it’s 2.20.13)
3. On the next page, under download, click on the WhatsApp version. After that, click on “Download APK”.
4. Now, Install the beta version of WhatsApp. You don’t need to uninstall the stable version. (Just make sure unknown source permission is enabled.)
Enable Dark theme in WhatsApp Beta.
Tap on three vertical dots icon, and then click on Settings.
After that, Tap on Chats > Theme > Select “Dark” theme and then click on OK.
That’s it. Dark Mode now will get activated in WhatsApp Beta.
Though it’s not completely dark, it’s the grey color mode.
2. Set Dark Wallpaper. (For WhatsApp Stable.)
Yes currently, there isn’t any official way to enable complete dark mode. But, still, you can set a dark wallpaper behind your chat Window. If WhatsApp is your primary App for messaging. Then, setting up a dark background is worthy. Officially, WhatsApp allows setting a solid color background. But, that background isn’t completely dark. So, I suggest you download dark wallpaper and set it.
1. Open WhatsApp, Tap on three dots from the upper right corner to access the menu. After that, tap on the Settings icon.
2. In WhatsApp settings, tap on Chats > Wallpaper > Solid Color.
3. Select the first solid color, because it’s a little bit dark background.
After that, tap on the “SET” option. That’s it. Now open any chat Window. And, you will able to see the dark background.
3. Install MIUI Theme.
If you’re using the Xiaomi device, then you don’t need to wait for the dark mode. Because there are some dark themes available in the Xiaomi theme store. Which enables WhatsApp Dark Mode easily. Though, on some MIUI versions, these themes won’t work. But, still, you can give it a try. Also, if you’re using any other smartphone brand. Which also comes with a theme store. Then, you can try installing the dark themes.
4. Use Modded Version of WhatsApp.
Like the modded version of Instagram, there is a modded version of WhatsApp also available. That comes with many advanced features, that you want in official WhatsApp. There are many WhatsApp modded Apps available. But, I will suggest you download GBWhatsApp only. It comes with a theme option, similar to the modded Instagram App.
GBWhatsApp allows the user to sort WhatsApp messages by the oldest/newest. You can forward the message to anyone without the forward tag. App also allows knowing the history of revoked messages. You can add new stickers, fonts, and new launcher icons. Overall, there are many small features, that are currently unavailable in the official version. But, don’t worry, GBWhatsApp is based on the latest official version of WhatsApp App.
If you want to use a secondary WhatsApp Account. Then, you don’t need to uninstall official WhatsApp. But, If you want to use your main WhatsApp account. Then, I suggest you uninstall the official WhatsApp App. But, don’t try your main Account. You might face some trouble while using it.
1. Download and Install the modded version of WhatsApp in your Android Device.
Create a new WhatsApp Account using Mobile Number. (Don’t use your main account.)
2. Open WhatsApp and stay on the CHATS window. Tap on three dots and then tap on GB Settings.
3. In GB Settings, under Themes section, tap on the Download themes option.
4. Now, select the dark theme of your choice. Tap on Apply.
5. A popup window will appear now to restart the WhatsApp App. Tap on OK to restart.
That’s it. Now, you can see dark mode got activated in WhatsApp.