Recently, I was facing an issue with my WiFi network. I was able to connect my Computer through WiFi Router. But, was not able to open any site or use the internet. And, my WiFi connection was showing “No Internet Secured” error. Normally, a working WiFi network shows “Connected Secured” message. But, when this error occurs, windows shows a yellow triangle mark on the network icon. Though you don’t need to worry, you can fix this error. And, In this article, you will get to know about some working solutions.
Error Message Information.
No Internet – Your Internet isn’t working due to some reasons. Like, recent network changes, faulty WiFi router, broken internet line, Unpaid internet bill. Or, maybe some other issue from the internet service provider side.
Secured – WiFi network is secured with Password.
For Mobile Hotspot or Portable WiFi hotspot user – If you’re using your Mobile Hotspot in your Windows 10 Computer. And then “No Internet, Secured” message is coming in Windows. Then, it could be the network issue. Or, maybe you had already consumed your data pack. So, first try to surf the internet on your mobile browser.
If you’re using a portable WiFi. Then, try turning it off and on it again. Also, check the SIM network signal indicator. And, if still “no internet access” error occurs. Then, put SIM card in mobile and check for remaining data.
- 1 Fix – No Internet Secured Error.
- 1.1 Solution: 1 Restart Modem / Router.
- 1.2 Solution: 2 Check Modem and Router LED indicators.
- 1.3 Solution: 3 Update Network Adapters Driver.
- 1.4 Solution: 4 Disable IPv6.
- 1.5 Solution: 5 Change Power Saving Settings for WiFi.
- 1.6 Solution: 6 Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
- 1.7 Solution: 7 Use Network Troubleshooter.
- 1.8 Solution: 8 Check Network Servies.
- 1.9 Solution: 9 Uninstall Recently Installed Program.
- 1.10 Solution: 10 Network Reset.
- 1.11 Summing – up: No Internet Secured.
Fix – No Internet Secured Error.
Note: This error is similar to “WiFi connected but no internet access“. So, you can check out that article to get to know about more solutions.
Solution: 1 Restart Modem / Router.
You have might be heard many times, that restarting a Computer does solve many problems. The same thing applies on Modem and Router. So, If you haven’t rebooted your modem after facing “No Internet Secured” error message. Then, you should do it immediately. There are multiple ways to restart a WiFi router.
Use Power Key – If you’re using modem and router both. Then, press the power key from the back site to turn them both Off. Now, wait for at least a minute. And, after a minute you can turn back on. Alternatively, you can turn Off the main switch for a minute.
Use the Router Settings Page. – Open any web browser and visit 192.168.0.1 (No internet connection required, just stay connected to same WiFi network.)
Now, Enter default login details.
Username – admin
Password – admin
- After that, you need to look for the Reboot option. In my router settings page, the option is available in System Tools > Reboot.
- Click on Reboot button. The router will take a minute to reboot. You don’t need to press any button physically. After reboot, hopefully, the error will get resolved.
Solution: 2 Check Modem and Router LED indicators.
If rebooting the Router doesn’t make any difference. Then, you need to find out that the router is working properly or not. For that, you need to know some information about the LED indicator.
DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) – This is the main LED indicator, which is responsible for the internet in broadband. If this LED indicator is blinking or turned off. Then, getting “No Internet Secured” error is common. You need to contact the service provider to fix your internet line.
Internet – If DSL LED indicator is stable. And, the Internet LED indicator isn’t blinking. Then, the problem is with your network settings. So, I suggest you try the next solution.
Solution: 3 Update Network Adapters Driver.
If your router and modem working fine. And, the internet is working on other devices like a smartphone. It could be WiFi adapter driver issue. Maybe the driver is outdated or not compatible with the latest version of Windows. In both cases, you need to install the latest driver.
- Press Windows + R key simultaneously.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press enter. (Alternatively, you can press Windows + X key, and from the menu, you can open device manager.)
- In the device manager, expand “Network Adapters” to view all network drivers. If the problem is with WiFi driver, then you will able to see a yellow mark.
- As you know “No Internet, Secured” message appearing in WiFi connection. So, you need to update WiFi adapter driver. Right-Click on it and then choose “update driver” option.
Note: To update driver you need the internet connection. But, if you don’t have another connection, then download WiFi driver from the manufacturer site. And, after that, you can update manually.
Solution: 4 Disable IPv6.
The Internet Protocol Version 6 is known as IPv6. It is the most recent version of the internet. IPv6 is faster than IPv4. And, IPv6 enables data communications over a packet switch network. Though, in some cases, it could be the possible reason behind some errors. If IPv6 is responsible for the “no internet secured Windows 10” Error. Then, by disabling it the problem will get resolved. Don’t worry IPv4 is more than enough to access the internet.
- Right Click on the network icon and click on “Open Network & Internet Settings”.
- Click on “Change Adaptor Settings”.
- It will show you all the available internet connection. Right-Click on WiFi network then click on properties.
- Unmark “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click on OK.
That’s it. Restart your Computer once and error will get resolved. If the error still exists, then you need to enable IPv6 using the same method. Just mark it again and click on OK.
Solution: 5 Change Power Saving Settings for WiFi.
Did the problem suddenly occur in Windows 10 laptop? Then, maybe it because of power settings. Microsoft is trying to make Windows smarter. Means, Windows is capable to turn off hardware, which you are not using. In simple words, if power saving mode is enabled for Wireless adapter. Then, you need to set it to performance mode. So that it can stay always ON.
- Right-Click on Battery Icon and then click on Power Options.
- Control Panel will get open, click on “Change Plan Settings”. After that, Click on “Change Advanced Power Settings”.
- In Advanced Settings. Expand “Wireless Adaptor Settings”. Then, the Power Saving Mode. Set both options to Maximum Performance and then click on OK to make changes.
On Battery: Maximum Performance.
Plugged In: Maximum Performance.
That’s it. Now you will never face the “No Internet, Secured” error. There is one more power setting, which you need to check.
- Reach Network Connections Page by using solution 4. (Or, Press Windows + R key, type “ncpa.cpl” and press enter.)
- After that, Right click on WiFi then open properties.
- Click on “Configure” button. Then click on the Power Management tab.
- Now, make sure “Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power” option is unmarked.
- If it’s not then, unmarked it and click on OK to save settings. Hopefully, It will solve “No Internet Secured” error.
Solution: 6 Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
This method is suggested by a Windows forum. And, it worked for many Windows users. So, I suggest you try it out once.
- Open run Windows and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. It will open network connections Window.
- Right-Click on your WiFi connection then choose properties option.
- Select “TCP/IPv4” then click on properties. Now, make sure you’re using static IP. (Click on “Obtain an IP address automatically”.)
- After that on the same window click on “Advanced” button.
- Then, Click on “WINS” tab. And, select “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP” radio button. Click on OK to all windows to save this setting.
That’s it. Hopefully, the “No Internet Secured” error will get solved now.
Solution: 7 Use Network Troubleshooter.
Though, Windows comes with tons of problems. So, Microsoft already added some troubleshooters for specific Windows problems. And, Yes, there is a troubleshooter available for network related problems. This troubleshooter will help you to find the right cause behind the error. And, will diagnose your internet connection problem.
- Press Windows + I key simultaneously to open Settings App in Windows 10.
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- Now you will able to see the “Network troubleshooter” option. You just need to click on it.
And, it will automatically diagnose and fix this error. But, sometimes it doesn’t work. That’s why I have added these solutions.
Solution: 8 Check Network Servies.
To keep the internet working and stay connected. There are some Windows services which need to stay running. It could be possible that, due to some third-party program, service might get stopped.
Here are the names of these Network Services. To check the status of these services. Press Windows + R key to open run window. Type “Services.msc” and press enter.
- UPnP Device Host.
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper.
- DHCP Client.
- DNS Client.
- Function Discovery Provider Host.
- Function Discovery Resource Publication.
- SSDP Discovery.
If a service is on “manual mode” or on “running” then it’s OK. But, if it “stop” then you need to start to fix “WiFi No Internet Secured” error.
Solution: 9 Uninstall Recently Installed Program.
Have you installed any program recently?. Then, it could possible that the software is creating conflict with network services. So, Uninstall all recently installed program.
Solution: 10 Network Reset.
Like Android devices, Windows 10 also comes with network reset option. If you think, the problem occurred due to some network changes are done by you. Then, this is the best solution. Don’t worry, it will only reset the network. You will not lose any data. Though, WiFi password will get removed by performing Network Reset.
- Open Settings App in Windows 10. (Press Windows + I key)
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- Scroll down a little, and then click on “Network Reset” option.
That’s it. Click on Reset now button, after that click on ‘Yes’. Your Computer might will get the restart. So, no need to worry. When Computer gets the start, enter WiFi key and you can use the Internet.
Summing – up: No Internet Secured.
So, these are the ten solutions to fix “windows 10 no internet access but connected” problem. Though, the problem will get resolved with these solutions. You just need to first find out that. Problem is with hardware or software. After that, you can try these Windows 10 Network Solutions.
If you’re using a router, then alternatively you can use LAN Cable. And, can access the internet without the WiFi connection. That’s it. If you’re still facing the error, feel free to Comment. Or, you can contact your internet service provider.