Undoubtedly, with millions of downloads, TikTok is the most widely used video-sharing social networking service. But, after it’s BAN, many social media Apps are trying to take benefit of this opportunity. Recently, Instagram has launched its own short video feature called Reels in India. There isn’t any standalone App for that, the feature is integrated into the Instagram App. And now, Snapchat is also testing TikTok-style navigation for exploring public content.
Instagram Reels allows users to create 15 seconds of videos, by adding filters and music from Instagram’s music library. And, Users can share their Reels in the Explore section or like usual in Instagram Feed and Stories. TikTok does provide an option to download videos. But, officially, Instagram doesn’t offer an option to save and download Reels.
Though, there are few ways to download and save Instagram Reels on Android or iPhone. And, In this article, you will get to know all methods.
Save and Download Instagram Reels
Save Instagram Reels (Use native option)
Yes, Instagram doesn’t provide an option to download Reels. But, it does provide an option to save Reels. Well, saved reels can be only view within the Instagram App. To download Reels into your smartphone gallery (local storage), do follow the next method.
1. Open Instagram App, and do open the Reels video that you’d like to save.
You can either find Reels of other users in the explore section. (Tap on the search icon.) Or, can visit the user’s profile, and tap on the Reels tab. (Next to IGTV)
2. Open a Reel, and once it gets loaded, tap on “⋮” > Save.
3. Now, to access all saved Reels videos, tap on your profile icon. Next, tap on “≡” > Saved.
Here you will find all your saved Instagram posts and Reels in “All Posts” collection. To do categorized Reels, you can create a new collection.
Tap on “+” icon, select all saved Reels, tap on ‘next’.
Enter Collection name, and tap on Add.
Download Instagram Reels on Android
Ok, so if you want to store Instagram Reels videos locally on your device. Then here’s how to do that.
1. For Android users, there are so many Apps available on the play store to download Instagram Reels. But, I suggest you install “Video Downloader for Instagram – Repost Instagram” App. This App has over 50M+ downloads, and it works really well.
2. Once, App gets installed, open it, and allow storage permission.
3. Now, open the Instagram app, and open the Reels video that you want to download. Tap on “⋮” > Share to.
From share options, select “Video Downloader for Instagram – Repost Instagram” App.
4. That’s it, downloader App will get open and your Reels video will get downloaded.
Alternatively, you can copy the link of Reels video. And, open the downloader app, the link will automatically get pasted and the video gets downloaded.
Open your phone’s gallery and you will find the Reels video in there.
Download Instagram Reels on iPhone/iPad
For iOS users, there aren’t many Apps to download Reels videos. After trying many Apps, I found one app that will let you save Reels to the iPhone gallery.